Tuesday, December 2, 2008



When Jesus heard this, he said to him,

"You still lack one thing.                                      

Sell everything you have and give to the poor,

and you will have treasure in heaven.                               Then come, follow me." Luke 18:22                                              …….well sort off

Currently I am getting ready to give this a shot                          or at let's try it out.

This is not easy for the fact  that I am a bit of a packrat and a bit too sentimental but we do what we can.This Saturday from 10:00am–4:00pm I will be trying to sell some stuff and in the next few days I will be going through all my stuff and separating what I feel I can keep and what I need to relinquish that is not a necessity. In this whole process I am hoping to pursue my desire to live simply. We will see how that goes but I would appreciate your prayers on this.

           I am hoping to be all sorted by the time Christmas comes, so I can enjoy the time with my family and celebrate the season. The date I have set is the 18th of December. So I have just a bit less then 3 weeks I would appreciate your prayers for strength and peace since the ever present reality that this is actually happening!

 …Come on, john’ he said ‘The longer we look at it the less we shall like it.’ And with that he took a header into the pool … And how john managed it or what he felt I do not know,but he also rubbed his hands, shut his eyes, despaired, and let himself go. It was not a good dive, but, at least, he reached the water head first.( The Pilgrim’s Regress, C.S. Lewis)                                                                                                                                   ..... so, well let’s jump in!!!

No comments: